Monday 27 August 2012

Roses and Gems and Twine (Fibres)

It is so long since I entered a card challenge, I am ashamed of myself. So here is the first of what I hope will become a regular thing again!

I have used one of my experimental backgrounds from yesterday's post as the background for this card which is for the Crafty Creations Challenge #184 - Gems and Twine (or fibres)

Well, I didn't have any twine but I have sure packed a lot of fibres into this card!

As the paper was made from 100% cotton rag waste that chalks up one type of fibre. Then the inked cotton paper has been machine embroidered so there are some more fibres and lastly we have the amazing space dyed fibre which matched the background beautifully.

The picture is of roses and rose buds painted, using the one stroke method, with acrylic paints.

Black flat back gems have been used for the studs in the corners of the picture, smaller gems for the butterfly's body and wings and finally a line of clear gems along the bottom of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping over and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to receive them. Hugs, Shirl xx