Saturday 28 July 2012

Fantasy Castle

This is one of my favourite pictures that I have created recently. This started out life as a piece of white canvas board, slightly bigger than A4 in size. I dripped various colours of wax all over the place, starting with white in the centre and moving through various shades of blue. This was heated with a hot air gun (the type you use for DIY rather than the craft one used for melting embossing powder) until the wax started to run. A combination of moving the heat gun and the board itself allowed the wax to be moved where I wanted it to go. Once the base pattern had been created to give a very turbulent effect, the castle was added using the edge of an encaustic iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping over and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to receive them. Hugs, Shirl xx