Thursday 28 June 2012

Single Poppy Card

Good morning.

Sorry, there seems to be a bit of a theme developing here but I do love poppies, they are my favourite flower.

Again this was a stamped design from Sheens Douglass over painted with one stroke painting techniques. The white card was innked with 3 different colours of green distress ink which was sprinkled with water and some of the ink lifted off to give a speckled effect.

The image was matted and layered onto an A5 white base card. The largest mat was white card sprayed with mica sprays to give a nice bit of shimmer.

For the embellishment I use a piece of flower shaped ribbon with flat backed crystals and pearls for the flower centres. It is quite a simple card but I think it looks quite striking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping over and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to receive them. Hugs, Shirl xx