Sunday 25 March 2012

Fabric Fusion

Good morning.

Here is my first attempt at fabric fusion. This was made using acrylic felt as a base material and polyester organza for the top two layers. Basically you melt the fabrics together with a very pointy soldering iron. The black lines are where the organza has melted and you can see the black felt under it. You can cut whole sections out just using the iron and back the holes with different fabrics. It is great fun. Yes, this was something I picked up at the NEC on Friday.

The orange flat backed jewels were applied using a hot applicator (another purchase on Friday).

There is no doubt about it, I am definitely finding fabrics and textiles more interesting than paper these days I am afraid.

However, never fear, my card making days are not over, I will just put different things on them in future!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, very pretty, love it, lots of different effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirl, I can see youve been a busy girl, wow love that its so pretty, and so much to look at. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping over and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to receive them. Hugs, Shirl xx