Sunday 10 April 2011

Blue Crane

Good afternoon. At last my craft room is set up and I can get back to my favourite hobbies. Here is a just a simple card to get me back into the swing of things. It is for the following challenge:
CES Challenge #31 - Monochromatic.

I chose to use blue for my base colour. This card is A5 in size. I sprayed the base card and the blue embossed layer with a lighter blue Glimmer Mist to give is a bit of shine. The embossed blue card is mounted on white card which in turn is mounted onto the base card after the dark and light blue ribbons had been wrapped around them. The dark blue bow was made separately and bonded in place with Pinflair glue gel.

The main image is following the great techniques as demonstrated by Barbara Grey. The mountains int he background were added using a torn edge of paper and a brayer using Denim Adirondack ink. The Crane was stamped using the same ink as were the flourishes at the top of the image. Grasses were used, again with the same ink, to complete the foreground.

The three little flowers, which were part of a prize from another challenge, were a bit too turquoise so I sprayed them with some darker blue ink to dull them down a bit. These were then bonded in place with Glue gel.

I hope you like the card. I will be uploading some more later this week to really get back into what I love doing best.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Shirl, Gorgeous card, beautiful image, you can enter this into CraftyCatz this week it's embossing week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love this, its gorgeous!

    Thanks for sharing with us at CES this week, good luck!
    hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shirl that is stunning, so serene looking you are one talented lady. with hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Shirl, love the colours.Thanks for taking part in this weeks CES Challenge!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely colour choice and the image is great. Thanks for joining us at CES this week! Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping over and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to receive them. Hugs, Shirl xx