Friday 13 August 2010

Kimono


I love this card. It such a beautiful colour. Starting with a blank A5 size white card, I stamped directly onto it with a stamp from a Judikins cube stamp and I used a dye based ink. I very rarely do this as I ususally make a mistake part way through and have to start again but this time it worked. A damp paint brush was applied to draw the ink in from the outline to tint the flowers. The red and gold background paper was an offcut of some that I had in an oriental paperpack from years ago so I am sorry but I cannot remember who the manufacturer was. Using a piece of Joanne Sheen oriental paper I folded the kimono and enhanced it with some sraight line gold peel offs. The butterfly was stamped - the stamp was from Stamp Addicts - and embossed with gold before being coloured with Twinkling H2Os mica paints. The butterfly was applied to the completed card with silcone glue which was just run down the body thus leaving the wings free to be raised to give an extra dimension to the card. I hope you like the finished result.

3 comments:

  1. oh WOW, shirl this is absolutly stunning. you folded that kimono! its that good i thought you may have bought it. well done gorgeous.love helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh.... you make wonderful crafts!!! so talentet ideas!!! i am happy that i found you so that i can see soooo wonderful things!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirl, wow what a beautiful card, love the way youve done the flowers its worked beautifully. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping over and taking the time to leave a comment. I love to receive them. Hugs, Shirl xx